Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A review of The Goodness of God

I have finished reading The Goodness of God by Randy Alcorn which was sent to me for free from the blogging for books program for review.

This book is a condensed version of a larger book written by Randy called If God Is Good…: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil.  In The Goodness of God Randy does a great job of quoting and unpacking scriptures that give a firm and solid foundation for having the assurance of purpose in the midst of suffering.  The truths he writes will no doubt be stored up in the heart of his readers for a time of need that can be recalled time and time again as life ebbs and flows.  I highly recommend this book.


I have never read anything by this author before so I did not know what to expect from him.  After reading this work I'm sure I will jump at the opportunity to read something else by Randy Alcorn.  He writes in a way that is easily understandable and the book breaks down into 11 chapters that keep the thoughts and topics well organized and easily accessible for future reference.  Randy successfully uses a mere 115 pages to show how we can have joy through our sufferings in life.  It will no doubt be used as a profitable tool for ministers as we walk with one another through the valleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.