Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Neverland Vacation

I'll be dropping off the grid for the next few weeks.  I may occasionally toss out a few quick tweets here and there but there will not be much time for blogging.  With the new school year fast approaching, my blue-eyed girl and I have our work cut out for us in getting the curriculum ready for the first quarter (we have a theme and many online helps but she mostly makes the lessons up herself).   

There are several blog ideas I have hanging right now.  Some of which are half written drafts like the follow-up post on maturity, a response to the zombie theology post that was published at Alan Knox's blog the Assembly of the Church and a response to an email comment I received on my post on open theism.  I should be able to turn these out once we get ahead of the impending school year.
   
So I leave you all with a question and a thought.  
 
The question is:  what is God's ultimate purpose for the existence of the Church?  
 
As I think of a way to answer that is short and sweet I am inclined to revert to the answer that T. Austin-Sparks gave.    

"What, in the thought of God do Christians exist for? What does the Church exist for? There is only one answer. The existence and the function is to be an expression of Christ. There is nothing less and nothing more than that. Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, and all between! Let that be the starting point; let that be the governing rule and reality in all matters of life and work, and see at once the nature and vocation of the Church."
  
Chew on that some and browse the archives in my absence.  I'll have time to respond to your comments here as the conversation ensues.  I wouldn't want Neverland to feel abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.