Thursday, October 6, 2011

I know you are but what am I?

Two men woke up one morning to pray.

The first man prayed  "Thank you Lord for bringing me out of organized religion.  Now I no longer trust in rituals and habits to know you more.  I speak out against the hypocricy of the modern day Pharasee's that are the so-called leaders in the Church.  I talk about Jesus all the time and tell others about your eternal purpose in Him as often as I have the opportunity.  I understand the New Testament church much better than most people who sit in pews on Sunday.  I am a much better disciple maker because of that.  Again, I thank you and praise you."

The other man, a church going fellow, fell on his face and prayed "Lord, maker of heaven and earth, hear my humble prayer for myself and for your people.  Our church, like me, is falling short in so many ways.  We need you to fill us with your love so that we can love one another more.  We need your strength to get us out of the rut were in.  We need your life in us so that we can be a light in this dark world.  Help us Lord, have mercy on us even though we have fallen so short of Christ, our goal and treasure."

Which man do you think went home justified?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, good question. I suspect there tends to be a little too much of the former and not enough of the later.

    Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This one I'm posting where I can't avoid seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.