Sunday, October 9, 2011

Remembering Steve Jobs': Give and take

You're gonna love this piece by ipoet laureate as he shares his thoughts on the passing of Steve Jobs.  Here is some of what he wrote:

"The two stories, Jobs’ death and Occupy Wall Street, stir so much of the same tensions in me. I have these competing desires to simultaneously worship the progress of our society and burn it down. I’m sure I’m not alone. I don’t have the wisdom or the time to postulate an answer. But, I suspect that living life is finding some middle ground. Not as a cop out or compromise but because in every generation humanity has been called upon to find virtue in its advancement. Our portable technology is not evil. Our digital lives are not evil. But, they are susceptible, just like the buggy and the plow, to distraction or to misuse or to self-aggrandizment or to laziness.

I guess I’m just trying to learn a little bit better about how to give and take.

Now click over to read the rest and checkout the feature which is what makes this blogger so special.  He not only writes blogs well but he writes poetry that revolves around current events, puts it to music, and shares it with us all there.

Like I said:  you're gonna love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.