Friday, May 13, 2011

Calvinism and God's eternal purpose: introduction

I love reformed doctrine. Call me a Calvinist or whatever you like, it doesn't phase me. I love it. I hate that it divides when we put doctrine above Christ, but that's a topic for another post. I also love the things I have been learning about God's eternal purpose. In the next few posts, I will be sharing both what I love about the 5 solas and the 5 points and how my understanding has been changing. So, you can expect at least five posts in this series, but there may be more. I'm just gonna let it flow how it flows.

Whether you understand Calvinism or you have any idea what I'm talking about when I say "God's eternal purpose" I think you'll like this series. I'm certainly going to enjoy writing it. I know some of my readers are Calvinistic but avoid using that as a title or description, I appreciate that. I hope that my use of the term doesn't promote any division. I'm only using it for ease of writing.

 It'll be wise for me to define what I mean by some of these terms but I'm trying to avoid writing a systematic theology series. I really want to start with the "five's" and move from there. Of course, if I don't define them in some way, I'll be shooting myself in the foot from the gate. I promise to do my best, but hey I'm just a laymen ;)  Anyway, stay tuned, this reformedlostboy is gonna spill his guts and give you a peek at the meditations that make my day so glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.