Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Westboro vs. Derek Webb LIVE in Savannah

So the wheels in my mind keep turning and I can't stop thinking about the Westboro group coming to town.  I've been thinking of different things I'd like to see happen and other things I don't want to happen.  Then it struck me; why not invite Derek Webb to perform his tailor made song for "brother" Fred Phelps himself?  If you haven't heard this song, you should check it out.

Freddie Please by Derek Webb
(chorus)
freddie, please
how could you do this to me
how could you tell me you love me when you hate me
freddie, please
you know i love you honey
but i’ll bleed you dry with money
i’ll talk where i know you can hear
‘cause freddie can’t you see
brother, you’re the one who’s queer
(chorus)
the stone’s been rolled away
and you’re picketing my grave for loving the things you hate
but why do you seek the living among the dead
(chorus)
freddie, please
how could you do this to me
how could you tell them you love me when you hate me
freddie, please

I'm sure Derek is way too busy to come to a small town like Savannah and perform in the street for free just to show how the WBC folks how ridiculous their teaching is.  Oh well, it was a nice daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.