Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blogging for Books

I read a lot and I always think about writing a review of the books I read but I never do it.  I don't know why, I guess I'm a slacker.  Alan has pointed me to a program called Blogging for Books where I can get free books if I write a review on my blog about them.  This is cool.  I get books for free and I also get pushed toward doing reviews of what I read.  It will be good practice and hopefully will become a habit of mine to share my thoughts on all the books I read.
The first book I chose is Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick.  He wrote his own teaser for the book and it sounded edgy, like something my wifey would say.  We all know how much I love her and if you have ever read her blog you will see why this reminds me of her writing.


"This book is not a Snuggie. The words on these pages will not go down like Ambien. I’m not writing to calm or coddle you. With God’s help, I intend to incite a riot in your mind. Trip your breakers and turn out the lights in your favorite hiding places of insecurity and fear. Then flip the switch back on so that God’s truth can illuminate the divine destiny that may have been lying dormant inside you for years. 
   In short, I’m out to activate your audacious faith. To inspire you to ask God for the impossible. And in the process, to reconnect you with your God-sized purpose and potential."
    —STEVEN FURTICK, from Sun Stand Still
I am very much looking forward to reading this book and doing my first "official" review.  Thanks to Alan for the referral and to Multnomah Publishers for this awesome program and opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad that you're doing this.

    -Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the compliment I think LOL I love you sweetie and I hope you love the book

    ReplyDelete

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.