Wednesday, December 15, 2010

new book for review: Jesus Inquest

Thanks to Alan for the heads up, I have also signed up to review books for BookSneeze .  They will send me free books for doing reviews for the books.  Nice!

The first book I chose is The Jesus Inquest The Case For and Against the Resurrection of the Christ by Charles Foster.  It kinda looks like Lee Stroebel's A Case for Christ but it is all about the resurrection and sounds like it may be more exhaustive in that area.  I like apologetics and so I think I will enjoy this very much.  Here is the rundown from Booksneeze:


An unbiased examination and compelling courtroom presentation revealing the undeniable facts of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Intelligent, fair, and remarkably compelling, The Jesus Inquest argues the case both for and against the resurrection of Christ. Point-by-point, Foster, in turn as both barrister X and Y, leaves no theological stone or dissenter's rock unturned as he digs for answers and the truth. In the end he is more convinced that Jesus is real, that He did rise again, and that He lives to offer forgiveness and hope to all who come to Him."

I like the fact that the author will present the case from both sides.  More often than not, when making arguments we (or at least I) tend to present a strong case for our own argument and put it up against a strawman from the other side.  This should be good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bobby. I'm glad you'll be reading my book. HOpe you enjoy it and find it some use. Would be great to know what you think of it.
    All best wishes.
    Charles (Foster)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles, thanks for stopping by. I look forward to reading your book, the resurrection of Christ is the basis for our foundation of faith. If Christ has not been raised we are still in our sins. Hopefully your book will equip myself and many others to share the truth in an understandable, articulate and convincing manner.

    ReplyDelete

As in a biblical church gathering, my word is not complete or final. Participation is allowed, encouraged and expected. Please, don't leave without adding something.